Minto/Carmacks Cu-Au, Yukon
Pan Andean Minerals Ltd. has 100% ownership of 8 mineral properties which include 498 mineral claims. The Minto/Carmacks property is situated 220 km north-west of Whitehorse, Yukon in the Carmacks Copper-Gold Belt. The Minto/Carmacks Belt is a significant emerging copper-gold district, with 1 mine in commercial production and another in the advanced mine permitting stage.
- ~9975 ha land package located approximately 220 km northwest of Whitehorse, Yukon, in the highly prospective Carmacks Copper-Gold Belt.
- 8 properties located proximal and adjacent to Capstone Mining Corp.’s Minto Mine and Copper North Mining Corp.’s Carmacks Copper Project.
- On the WS property, immediately south of the Carmacks Project, Pan Andean Minerals Ltd. drill hole WS08-09B intersected two near-surface copper sulphide horizons over 63.1 metres averaging 0.17% copper (containing 23.6 m averaging 0.34% copper).
- Numerous drill-ready, coincidental copper-gold geochemical and IP geophysical targets defined on at least four properties.
- 100% owned by Pan Andean Minerals Ltd., one of the larger landholders in the Carmacks Copper-Gold Belt.
All of the Minto/Carmacks Copper-Gold properties were staked over areas with geological, geochemical and geophysical characteristics known to reflect near surface, high-grade, structurally controlled copper-gold mineralization in the region, such as the Minto and Carmacks copper-gold deposits.
Pan Andean Minerals Ltd. is focused on the discovery of stand-alone and/or satellite copper-gold deposits, the latter of which could be used to supplement mill feed for the Minto and future Carmacks mining operations.
Capstone Mining Corp.’s Minto Mine is a 3,600 tonne per day, conventional crush and flotation, open pit mining operation that produces copper concentrates with significant gold and silver credits. It is one of the highest grade open pit copper-gold mines in the world. Capstone continues to develop its resources and find significant new deposits in the area.
Copper North Mining Corp.’s Carmacks Copper Project has an NI 43-101 compliant Proven and Probable Reserve estimate of 10.6 million tonnes at 1.044% total copper, 0.484 g/t gold and 4.62 g/t silver. Copper North plans to construct an open pit mine with an acid heap leach and solvent extraction/electrowinning (SX/EW) process facility and is in the process of obtaining the final permitting requirement for mine operations, a Water Use License.